Monday, April 26, 2010

Music

Stole this from a girl called Loralei (Check her out if you know what's good for you)

1. One song that always takes me back to my youth is Reflection by Christina Aguilera. I know it's from a Disney movie, but I every time I listen to it, I remember Mulan and think about how when I was a kid I always told myself "I want to be just as kick ass as she is." I still strive to be so awesome.

2. My first concert ever was Green Day's American Idiot tour in 2005. I was 14. I was the hysterical and excited. I went with my best friend. She wore tripp pants and a cut up and sowed together beater and I wore a dyed beater and green cargo pants. I also had on pink chucks that didn't match but, what can you do.

3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: Hall and Oates, Green Day, Elton John, Phil Collins/Genesis, Paramore, and probably every Wizard Rock band I know.

4. The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is "Red Light Special" by TLC or "I Wanna Know What Love Is" by Foreigner.

5. The best concert I've ever been to was Wrockstock 2 in 2008. Potosi, Missouri. About 12 Wizard Rock bands spanning 2 days. Not only was the music fantastic, but all the love and friendship and kindness I felt there was what really made that concert awesome.

6. A memorable musical moment for me was my first Wizard Rock concert - The Whomping Willows, Draco and the Malfoys, and Harry and the Potters. I'd only ever listened to Wizard Rock on the internet but seeing these three bands that I loved so much live and in person totally solidified that the music was real for me. It brought all the magic and the music to life.

7. The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is "In Too Deep" by Genesis. I have a very odd, very dated taste in music.

Piece of advice to take with you forever: Deers like chocolate cake. Once they get a whiff of it they'll come a runnin'.

Real advice to take with you: Never be content with mediocrity and failure. Ever.

Fair thee Well,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment