Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stuff My Brain Thought About Today

Sometimes when I'm watching TV or reading articles on the internet I think of very weirdo and debatable things. I don't like to debate [I'm terrible with confrontation] so everyone is always welcome to disagree and politely prove me wrong. This is just my opinion...

1. Smart Balance just released a commercial about how 2% milk is bad for you because it has saturated fat. Smart Balance's milk, apparently, has none. Now, I know depending on where your milk is coming from cows have different diets. Some cows get hormones and some don't. All the same, organic cow, hormone cow, smart balance cow - wouldn't all milk have saturated fat? And, that being the case, wouldn't you have to do something to the milk to take that way and if so what? I'm not a big fan of dairy [cause my belly doesn't like it] but at least I know what's been done to my hormonally enhanced, saturated fatty 2% milk. Besides - I have all those cow hormones and milk fat to thank for my above average sized boobs [Thanks fat, chemcial cow!]

2. I watch a lot of stuff about the paranormal - A Haunting, Ghost Hunters, Destination Truth, etc. and I crazily believe that some of that stuff is true. After watching an episode of Destination Truth, it made me think, they're constantly going around the world investigating cases of paranormal activity. Up north they believe in elves and fairies, if you go to the middle east they genuinely believe in ghost and demons, and in [I believe it's Egypt - but could be somewhere in the middle east] they have belief in a spirit called a Djinn. Here in America, we constantly laugh and make fun of people who believe in ghosts. And because we're American we have to be right don't we? Well, if everyone is saying one thing and everyone else is saying another are we really right?

3. Aliens are real. Even if they don't have the capability of space travel doesn't mean they aren't. The universe is simply to large for there not to be another planet out there with the capability of producing life. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there [kind of like air and gravity - but more tangible].

4. I don't like Twilight very much. When it first came out I was addicted to it. It wasn't very well written. It reminded me of fan fiction, which I love. My problem with Twilight are the people on both sides of it - they psych fans out there who create things like THIS and things like *THIS. Genuinely creepy and weird. But then you have the people who don't like Twilight who go as far as to trying to ban it. I don't approve of book banning - even if it does create fans who become that psycho. No one should be denied the opportunity to read something that could bring them job [just be wary of the craziness that could follow when reading Twilight]

*Seriously, Google "Crazy Harry Potter" and you find things like how these crazy Harry Potter fans created a charity organization or about how excited they are for a new movie. Google "crazy Twilight fans" and you find headlines for things like "Twilight Fans Turn Into A Violent Mob". Still, book banning is bad... But so are Twilight Flesh Lights and Dildos [or maybe that's just creepy]

Fair Thee Well,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment