Thursday, January 5, 2012

Welcome to 2012

Greetings!

It's a new year. 2012. Thank goodness.

2011 had to be one of the worst years I've ever lived through, but damn it I lived through it.

I worked at Target, had four panic attacks, struggled through two remedial math courses, was in school all summer, had no money, had to move back home with my grandmother, drove a rapist van that had no shocks, drove a Jeep that got 8 miles to the gallon, failed NaNoWriMo for the second year in a row, watched Harry Potter come to an end, and yet somehow I have managed to come out on the other side into a new year relatively unscathed.

2011 wasn't all bad though. In the beginning I was living on my own. I got to go visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida, I spent my birthday having a sleepover with some awesome Wizard Rockers, I actually passed my math classes, I fell in love with 16th century British poetry, and I actually finished writing a book.

Mostly, I can just be thankful that I'm alive, that I'm healthy, and that I have friends and family that are supportive of me and only mildly psychotic.

I resolve to do nothing this year but continue doing what I did last year which was read more, write more, and love more, because somehow practicing all three of these things has managed to help vastly improve the quality of my life.

Writing helps me to get my words out because I don't know how to do it any other way. Reading helps me with writing, but it also teaches me, and spending time with fictional characters is sometimes a lot better than spending it with actual people. And loving more, well, it goes without saying that the world can always use a bit more love, and when I do good I feel good.

This year, I'm going to continue my love/hate relationship with college. I'm going to look into working part-time again (preferably at a place with a desk and a cubicle where I can just do filing and not interact people very often), and I'm going to try to keep looking on the bright side of life, even when things look completely miserable because otherwise I'll go insane.

At this very moment, I'm simply enjoying some time to myself to be away from school and to relax by writing and reading. I also do a fair amount of watching Netflix and sleeping because soon I'll be too bogged down in school to actually enjoy my life properly--stupid math and science courses.

This semester I'll be taking Intro to College Math (after two semesters of algebra which didn't count toward my degree, and neither will this class), Biology: The Cell & DNA with a Lab, Archaeology, and British Literature II. I was also going to be taking a religion course, but it got cancelled so now I'm only taking two classes that I'm even slightly excited about.

In the mean time, I'm not going to think about it, and just read my book while I sip some tea because that's the way life is supposed to go.

Fare thee well,
April x

Currently Reading: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (pg. 58)
Song of the Day: It's All Coming Back to me Now by Celine Dion

No comments:

Post a Comment