Monday, July 19, 2010

Your Piss Poor Attitude

Greetings!

Sassy Gay Friend said it best: "There is something rotten in Denmark, and it's his piss poor attitude."

In this case Denmark is where ever you are, but that piss poor attitude is the same everywhere.

I wake up cranky and irritated every morning just like most of my fellow Americans, but I don't wake up ready to stab out the hearts of anyone that gets in my way and too often too many people wake up this way.

I'm sorry you have very interrupted sleep for whatever reason but look on the bright side: In Africa their sleep is interrupted because they have to listen to the sound of their fellow villagers being mauled to death by lions. OR they have to wake up to discovering that their baby has been eaten alive by the siafu - fucking ants eating babies!

Now, I don't know about you but last I checked ants don't eat babies in these United States. Maybe you get fire ants sometimes or whatever but if there are fire ants attacking your baby then A) you shouldn't leave your baby outside or B) You shouldn't have ignored the fact that the ants were getting into your house in the first place.

And if a lion eats one of your villagers then you should've convinced them not to climb into the lion enclosure at the zoo.

Siafu and lions aside, the point I'm trying to make here is that it isn't all bad.

If you wake up every morning feeling like everyone is out to get you and shit always hits the fan with you and that your life is so freaking miserable that you have to scream and shout and yell and rant about it to the rest of the world when in reality your problems are minute and insignificant you need to get over your PISS POOR ATTITUDE.

Your life is not that hard. You live in a house. You eat food every day. You have CLEAN water. You have health care even if you can't pay for it. You can read whatever you want. You can watch whatever you want on TV. You can shout from the rooftops that you hate the government and no one can arrest you.

And there are people who can't do ANY of those things and don't have any of those things.

And it's not as if I wake up every morning going "at least I don't live in a third world country!" I wake up with stomach aches and headaches and my feet are cold and I want to throw up and I didn't write enough last night and that lawnmower outside is too loud and there are always planes flying overhead and if that dog farts one more time I'm going to choke slam it and why is my dresser so cluttered and why did he just leave that lying around?

AND THEN I think "shit could be worse. A lion cold be mauling my brother right now." I don't think EXACTLY that way. It's more along the lines - If I eat my head and my stomach will feel better. If I put on socks my feet will be warm. If I kick the dog out he doesn't have to pollute my air. Turn on the TV and tune out the planes and lawnmower. If I put these things on the dresser away it won't be cluttered and I can just pick this stupid thing he left lying around off the floor and not waste my precious energy bitching about it.

And then all of my petty little issues are gone and I can start feeling better.

What I can't fix is everyone else's attitude toward life and that's what upsets me. I wish people made lemonade with lemons instead of squirting the juice into their eyes. I wish they were at least happy they had lemons when some people don't get lemons at all.

I can be happy even when things aren't going my way. It's hard but I do it and I wish other people could do it too instead of spewing their negativity all over everyone else.

'Til further notice I'm in between. From where I'm standing my grass is green.


Fare Thee Well,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment