Thursday, April 7, 2011

BEDA 7: Weird Nerd Love Part 2

Greetings!

I love anime.

Most of the anime I watch is mainstream, but still, what I've watched, I've loved. And just like with books and TV personalities who host the news, I am in love with a few anime characters.

We'll begin with my firs anime love. I thought it was Gary Oak from Pokemon, ah Gary.

But then I realized that there was one character I've been crushing on since LONG before Gary.

Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon.

Ah, yes, just thinking about him makes the five-year-old girl in me weak in the knees. That top hat, that cap, the roses. I was sold. I'm still sold.

And I still can't explain why Serena never could tell that Tuxedo Mask was her beloved Darien because it was so obvious.

Tuxedo mask was so dreamy, not only because of the dreamy effects that they used on the screen--surrounding him with flower petals, make the screen all foggy and what not--but because he was a super hero. He would always come out of nowhere and save the day and Sailor Moon would be like "Oh, Tuxedo Mask, you're so awesome and dreamy" and he'd be all like, "Yes. Yes I am" and then disappear.

I still swoon just thinking about it.

Number two on my list is Uryu Ishida from Bleach.

I know, Uryu? The nerd? Mr. Handy-Crafts?

Yes. I mean, hello. I love to knit and I love nerds. And he wears glasses. I am a sucker for a guy with glasses.

And look at the bow and arrow.  Gaze and be amazed at the size. The sheer strength. . .

Uryu is a champ too. He constantly has to put up Ichigo and Renji and lord knows their more than occasional stupidity makes you want to ram your head through a wall.

Plus he's a sweetheart. I know you saw the Bount Arc. I know you were sad when his lady friend went away forever.

And yes, he kind of starts out as a douche--I know, but he redeems himself. He gets to be awesome.

Not to mention, he's a pretty snazzy dresser.

I am such a weirdo.

Last, but certainly not least, is Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Sure, he's not the tallest guy around standing at about 4'11" (poor guy), and sure he may have an automail arm and leg.

But Ed's heart is always in the right place. His morals started off pretty bad, attempting the whole human transmutation, but he only did it because he was a little kid who missed him mommy and used his special talent to try to get her back. You can't really fault him for that.

And he and Alphonse and tight. And it's so cute. You don't see brotherly love like that. My brothers don't love each other like that.

And then there's Ed and Winry. Sure, he keeps her at arms length, but it's only because he obviously loves her so much. Remember Barry the Chopper (and I'm thinking FMa not FMA Brotherhood)? Remember how sad he felt when she got attacked and he almost couldn't save her?

How bad he feels every time he hurts her? Or hurts Al? Or how he felt when he let his teacher down.

Edward Elric has such a big heart despite his small size. Plus he can use alchemy and kicks ass with his automail.

So Tuxedo Mask, Utryu, and Edward don't have much cross over at all in anyway, but whatever. My brain is scattered around all over the place so that should explain some things obviously.

Until tomorrow.

Fare thee well,
April

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY Agree like omg tuxedo mask and edward elric are like oh my god perfect, but taht lther guy is... well that other guy. another awsome one is train heartnet, oh jeez like he is soooooo sweeet. like i met the writer of full metal at an anime convention in texas and he was like awsome, and like I love your posts, thats all i do is find cool posts and comment on them about other people, do you write anything else?

    ReplyDelete