Tuesday, August 10, 2010

BEDA 10: Date Night

Greetings!

So, I'm watching "Date Night" with Tina Fey and Steve Carrel and so far it's hilarious.

But it, like most movies, put a thought in my head.

Basically, when I get married i don't want to fall into a routine where my life becomes so boring that my husband ends up being "roommates."

That would suck. When you fall in love with someone and you're crazy about them and then one day--poof, all that love is gone.

I know people fall out of love, but to fall out of love and not know it. After choosing to spend your entire life with someone and then all of a sudden you're just married... Just because. There's no love. There's no romance.

I know after a certain amount of time you're not going to be that crazy young couple you were when you met, but I dream about being that old lady, sitting on her porch in her rocker with gray hair, next to her husband and they sit together and remember the old days and what it was like to be young and in love and that they look at each other every day and the mere memory of what made them fall in love with each other in the first place makes them love each other even MORE.

That's beautiful and that's what I want.

Anyway, I've got stuff to do... Like wait for Teen Mom to rerun at midnight and watch Family Guy.

Also, watch Date Night. Hilarious.

Song of the Day: "Super Massive Blackhole" Muse

Fare thee well,
April

1 comment:

  1. I understand completely! THIS is what I am looking for. Like my gma who still wears her wedding ring even though my gpa has been gone for three years, and she wears his on a chain around her neck. I want forever love...and am content to keep looking until I find it!

    Sidebar-I really enjoy reading your blog each day! =)

    ReplyDelete