Wednesday, August 25, 2010

BEDA 25: Rest in Awesome, Esther Earl

Greetings!

Today I woke up wanting to rant and complain and bitch and moan in writing since I never do it in real life.

Rest in Awesome, Esther
But then I learned the heartbreaking news that the shining star that is Esther Earl passed away very early this morning.

I didn't learn of Esther until very recently and I didn't know her personally, but I do know that she was a Gryffindor and is probably the bravest person I'll ever know of for all the things she went through.

I know that she always wanted people to never waste a moment telling someone you love how much you love them.

Esther moved thousands to vote for the Harry Potter Alliance in the Chase Community Giving competition.

I may not know a whole lot about Esther or any of the wonderful and magical things she did or believed, but I know there was something special about her if she managed to move an entire group of people, most of whom she never knew or even met, to do wonderful things for other people.

I didn't know you Esther, but I will remember you and continue to love people everyday for you.

Everyone in Nerdfighteria is still with you and you are still with all of us.

Rest in awesome, Esther.

Love,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment