Wednesday, August 11, 2010

BEDA 11: All You Need Is Love

Greetings!

My favorite subject about anything ever is love.

Yesterday I talked about growing old with someone you love and not falling out of love.

But, I should elaborate, that the only way for this wonderful fantasy of mine to come true is to find a love that isn't work.

I hate when people say they have to work to keep their relationships alive and that love is hard work.

And as soon as I was old enough to be able to imagine love in my mind and to read about it and experience it, that's what I expected. I expected people to fight, to get angry, to hate each other at times and that if you could go through all of that and love each other then you were golden.

But here I am now, crazy in love and it isn't work and I'm slightly baffled by this concept that relationships are hard work and anyone who knows me won't try to deny that my relationship is as smooth as soft butter gliding over a hot skillet.

I don't see the point in fighting because fighting doesn't solve problems, it only makes more. And TRUST is never an issue.

And then there's the fact that we operate like two separate entities working towards one common goal. He gets that all I like to do is read, write and indulge in the occasional Action RPG when I'm not in school. And I get that he wants to work and help his family and eventually do military stuff in lieu of going to school and indulge in the occasional Call of Duty session with is peoples (yeah, I just said "peoples") every once in a while.

Even though sometimes I spend more time than I should reading or writing or whenever I leave drawers open he gets irritated. But he doesn't get so irritated that he he blows up at me like "Put the F*cking book down and pay attention to me!". It's more like "Babe, it's one o'clock in the morning. I think  you should put the laptop down and go to sleep now."

And sometimes he'll dump the laundry basket on the bed which REALLY grinds my gears but I won't go "take the laundry off the bed or I'll cut you d!ck off!" I just fold the clothes up and put them away and it's water under the bridge.

That's how love should be, you know? A relationship that two people enjoy and cherish; that needs not to be work but to be fun and simply filled to the brim with care, compassion, and kindness to one another.


All you need is love.



Fare thee well,
April (And also Jjay)

No comments:

Post a Comment