Monday, August 30, 2010

BEDA 30: Priorities and Anna and the French Kiss!

Greetings!

So, I've been reading Blogging Twilight and blogging and as a result, I've been neglecting my homework these past few days because I'm a bad person, but I today I wrote a list of things I need to do by Thursday. I'd like to share it with you:

  • Finish Hamlet paper [You barely have a page left to write you bum!]
  • Write your 7 page research paper [it's about Harry Potter. You're just slacking.]
  • Actually clean room [stop quitting half way through]
  • Drag Jjay to shoe store so he doesn't wear tennis shoes to your brother's wedding Saturday
  • Finish a chapter of your WIP. You haven't done so in a long time.
  • Decide what you're going to blog about once BEDA is over tomorrow.
  • Mail your scholarship papers to your school [I hope you understand why this is important]
I'm pretty sure I can do all of these things. The hardest one will be the two papers which currently are keeping me from scheduling time at work because I'm so busy writing them. But my job is long and it is hard and even working one day running around [literally] for 10 hours put a lot of stress on my little body.

I'm not saying it's because I'm lazy [though that could be a contributing factor, like Ginny's nice skin and Dean's attractedness to her], but carrying around trays and walking around for 10 hours like a zombie scarping dishes, pouring water, serving food, cleaning up plates and glasses and maneuvering around rich drunk people all while trying not to pull a Tonks and stand on my own two feet is hard.

I know in this day and age a college degree will not guarantee a job, but I'm at least certain that it will guarantee that I don't have to work as a server for a catering company [or doing physical labor] for the rest of my life.

After working like that I sleep through the entire next day and I'm wiped the whole rest of the week, and by the time I recover I have to go back to work.

It doesn't help that I'm a condensed person. I have like no body fat and I don't each much food which I suspect means that I kind of burn more calories than my body has to spare. And it's not as if I can say "just eat more calories--duh", because that means to mean the same thing as "eat a package of bacon daily" and I'm sure that will just lead to health problems instead of more energy.

And I've also taken into account the fact that even if I only work on the weekend, when I start school in October and I'm having to dedicate my time and energy to studying and writing papers and I'm not going to be able to function with my heavy course load if I'm wiped out from work.

I don't want my school work to suffer because of work because work is far less important than school.

Ugh!! When I am done with school and off on my own I will be so happy. That way I can stop being a good person who values knowledge over money [curse you desire for higher education!]

In other fun news: Stephanie Perkins who is married to this awesome guy in this Wizard Wrock band I know called Gred and Forge just happens to be a young adult author with a book coming out soon. Maureen Johnson says the book is so good, you should date it and MJ is always right. Also if she's married to Gred and Forge you know that she's made of awesome anyway.

Anywho, she's have an ARC giveaway contest type thing and you should check it out. I've known about it for a while but I'm a loser and never got around to blogging about it... so now I am. Check it out! Today is your last day to enter.

And even if you don't win, you should buy her book. I finally have enough money to actually preorder it [which I've wanted to do for AGES] and I am thrilled about that.

And with that I go to start cracking away on my to-do list.

Fare thee well,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment