Wednesday, August 18, 2010

BEDA 18: RelationSHIPS, not Boats

Greetings!

So, I have the honor of being a bridesmaid for my brother's wedding on the 4th of September. I'm really excited to have a sister-in-law [especially since she's so amazing] and I'm really happy for my big brother to be tying the knot.

All this talk of love and marriage and happiness has made me think though--what are my favorite ships?

I know, what you're thinking, "Your brother's wedding reminds you of ships?" Yes it does. And I don't means ships as in the Titanic type I mean ships as in relationships or pairings.

So here are a few of my favorites:

Tonks and Remus [Harry Potter]: This is probably my favorite pairing of all time. When I read Half-Blood Prince and all those feelings came out I was like "OMG! YES! APRIL APPROVES!" I mean, after that I wanted to roundhouse kick him for being an idiot [and don't get me started on how infuriated I was at him at the beginning of Deathly Hallows] but I was so thrilled. Since then I've dedicated countless hours [perhaps too many] to reading and writing Tonks and Lupin fanfiction.

Kuwabara and Yukina [Yu-Yu Hakusho]: This relationship is pretty one sided on Kuwabara's part, but it's still totally adorable. Yukina is always so light hearted and bubbly and Kuwabara is always so serious and overly loving to her. At times you sense that she returns his feelings and other times you just hear her say "Gee, he's so nice for a human." Still, Kuwabara's hopeless devotion to her makes my heart sing.

Rukia and Renji [Bleach]: After seeing their story I desperately want them to end up together. Renji is clearly mad about her and is always excited to be around her and be with her. Rukia [from what I've seen] probably has feelings for Renji but is always so caught up in what Ichigo is doing that she's not really to concerned about what she feels for him, or anyone else for that matter.

Edward and Winry [Fullmetal Alchemist]: First of all, if you read Edward and thought it was going to be followed with "Bella" then shame on you for not knowing me at all. I like this ship because they're both such hard asses who don't exactly know they care about each other but they do know, you know? Like, sometimes they do something so outstandingly kind or, in Ed's case usually, dangerous, that they surprise each other with how much they care about each other and that's sweet.

Clio and Spencer [Girl at Sea/Suite Scarlett Series respectively]: I know, these two characters don't even know each other in real life but thanks to Twitter they're totes the best thing ever, and Twitter ships totally count.

Goku and Chichi [Dragon Ball]: Yes, I'm talking about Goku and Chichi in DRAGON BALL before the show turned into DBZ and stopped being light hearted and fun and became action packed [which isn't a bad thing]. Goku and Chichi as a bunch of 10 year old, thinking that marriage was a type of food, pretty adorable. And how Chichi got so mad when they grew up and she thought he forgot about her that she wanted to beat him up in the World Martial Arts tournament [which obviously wasn't going to happen--I mean, it's Goku], but Goku DID remember her and STILL loved her. Sure, he ended up being a horrible husband but hey were awesome.

Well... I can't think of anymore, but those are MY FAVORITE! You know aside from "Jazdele" and "Montachez" which will only make sense to six people involved in the joke [Including "Japril"!].

Anyway, see ya'll later!

Fare thee well,
April!

And Jjay says hi! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment