Monday, August 9, 2010

BEDA 9: Fangirl

Greetings!

Okay world, here's the deal--I take fangirling really seriously. I fangirl a lot of people.

Johnny Young Bosch. Tom Felton. Gary Oldman. Hall AND Oates. Pixie Lott.

I fangirl people who aren't real too.

Everyone in Bleach. Dumbledore. Goku. Chewbacca. Stewie Griffin. Neville Longbottom.

And some people are really disturbed when I get into overactive fangirly mode. Like, every time they have a Harry Potter weekend and I start hyperventilating and sweating excessively. Or how I always feel soul crushingly heartbroken when I miss an episode of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. People see me react this way and they're like "whoa, dude, chill that out."

I can't help being a fangirl. I love being a fangirl.

How can one take so much pride and joy in just being excited about something to an almost annoying extent?

Because it's fun. I love hopping up and down with glee every time a Gary Oldman movie comes out (By the way, I'm about to watch The Book of Eli tonight. Oh, baby, I can't wait). I squealing senselessly every time I see Toshiro Hitsugaya use his bankai. I love laughing until there are tears in my eyes when Vegeta brutally murders someone in a totally not hilarious way.

And I love to shamelessly promote things I love. Like, every time Tom Felton tells me to tweet something, I do it because that's what a good fangirl does.

And of course my favorite thing to fan girl is Harry Potter, of course, because, hello, it's awesome.

There's nothing like going out and just losing it over something that makes you happy. That makes your heart sing and dance with joy... and joyness...

Anyway, I've run out of things to say so I'll just leave it on a high note.

Today, I won a contest on Twitter and I NEVER WIN. I won a copy of "The Sky Is Everywhere" and I'm so excited. This is the best twitter related thing to happen to me since Maureen Johnson answered one of my questions during Four Questions. It's the simple things in life, you know?

In the meanwhile, I've got a bedroom to clean and clothes to put away otherwise my boyfriend will be quite irritated with me. I'll see you fine people tomorrow.

Fare thee well,
April

Song Of the day: Diamonds Area Girl's Best Friend

1 comment:

  1. Very happy post-- thanks for sharing. And have you read The Sky is Everywhere. It's one of the best things I've read this summer. So. Good.
    Congrats on winning it!

    ReplyDelete