Tuesday, August 3, 2010

BEDA 3: You Won't Like Me When I'm Angry--Whenever That Is

Greetings.

Yesterday while writing and being emo, I wrote about how there are few things in this world that make me truly angry. And when I thought that I actually tried to deduce things in this world that make me truly and see if my angry for them is justified.

We'll start with one I mentioned yesterday

Nick Cage is staring into your soul....
Nick Cage - Now, I know I promised a certain fangirl out that I would stop bashing him while she was around but... The reason that I detest him is that... I just can't bring myself to take him seriously as an actor. Like, what's with that vacant expression he has on his face all the time, like he's staring at something far away even when he's talking to something two feet away. Also, he's kind of a pansy, I mean, did you see Ghost Rider? It was awful and I feel like it might not have been so awful if Nick Cage weren't in it. I cannot think of a good movie he's been from my personal perspective and it's not just because he's been in them. What was that movie he was in recently with the end of the world and he saw all those numbers stuff and the plane crash and the end was stupid... *googles* Knowing! That was it. It was great - Nick Cage played the confused father character and that was good for him. I think I would like him better if he stopped trying to be an action movie hero (the same way that Ice Cube should do action movies instead of family comedies). It doesn't work. Anyway, clearly my disdain for him isn't justified and is also pretty ridiculous, but it's like every time I see one of his movies I can't help but wonder how he keeps getting work...

Anyway. Other things that make me angry would be... My boyfriend's exgirlfriend.

I think everyone pretty much has bad feelings towards their partners exes, am I right? But, the reason thinking about them together is so awful because she was so awful to him. Like, she'd go out of her way to instigate fights with him and she was bossy and pushy and a cheater and just all the things you shouldn't be in a relationship. And that makes me angry but he spent three years with her and was miserable for most of it while I watched from the sidelines being offended that she was mistreating pretty much the greatest person who ever lived and despite being so mistreated he gave everything.

That shit was not cool. Anger justified.

Next I'll say, when people buy food and the house is full of food and then people forget what moderation is, so that people like me, who do eat in moderation, end up with nothing. Let me explain. Let's say we'd go the grocery store on Tuesday and get enough food to last us two weeks. Now, instead of having to go get groceries again in two weeks we end up going Friday because every single scrap of food in the house was eaten by locust who had to eat all of it because they don't understand that it's not going anywhere. And while they eat continually throughout the day because they're bored or whatever, I only eat when I'm hungry which is like, twice a day, maybe three, and for a day or two I'll be fine when only eating like that, but then on the third all the food has been hoarded and eaten, everyone who ate it leaves and I'm left to collapse into myself from having nothing to eat and being empty on the inside. And living in a first world country, having a roof over my head, and being capable to eat when I'm hungry, I shouldn't have to go hungry. Right?

Anger totally justified.

Cabinets are dangerous. Please close them
When people leave cabinet doors in the kitchen open and I whack my head on them. Sometimes it makes me bleed and I end up walking around with a band-aid on my forehead like that kid from Fooly Cooly. Anger justified.

There aren't many other things that make me angry. Mother nature makes me angry every once in a while, but that can't be helped without major surgery.

Basically, I look around a lot and see people who wake up just mad at the world and at like really trivial things like "OMG! I asked for my steak medium rare! This medium! How dare they?!"

Is the world going to end if your steak isn't cooked to perfection? No. Is it endangering anyone's health and safety or well being? Doubt it. Can the steak hurt you? Only if you don't chew it properly.

Things in life irritate me. I get irritated all the time, but some people take irritation and blow it out of proportion into something huge and unnecessary and I can't help but wonder if people actually notice when they're being angry for no reason.

I think the angriest I've ever gotten was in 11th grade and a woman who shall hence forth be called "Professor Umbridge" was my theology teacher. Now, this woman was kind of an idiot. She told us a story about how she woke up at 3 in the morning thinking Jesus rang her doorbell, only to discover that she didn't have a doorbell because she lived in a trailer. She also used to tell us that Muhammad and Jesus were cousins and she constantly used the phrase "an den duh Buddha" when teaching us about Hinduism. Yeah. exactly.

"An den I realized I didn't have a doorbell!"
So, I got really sick in 11th grade and was in the hospital a lot for these horrible headaches and when it time to give out report cards all my other teachers took into account the fact that I'd been in the hospital getting poked with needles and that I had a headache 24/7 that sometimes got so bad I couldn't focus and be in school--Except Umbridge.

Now, at report card pick up, she sat down and tried to tell me, in front of all my other teachers and my mother (who also thought she was an idiot mind you), that she gave a C in her class because I turned in an assignment late because I wasn't absent for it when I was. Then when I proved her wrong she tried to say it was a homework assignment she gave me when it was an in class assignment!

And I was getting angry, I had rage in my eyes and my teachers were exchanging worried glances and I was taking lots of deep breaths. When she finally left the room my history teacher and my English teacher and my mother told me they knew she was lying and that I just had to do better next term and that she wouldn't be a problem anymore.

But I was mad because she ruined my already mediocre average with the unjustified grade.

She didn't come back the next year. Some say it's because she went to Australia. Most believe she got fired for being incompetent and had to go to Australia. To this day, the teachers in my high school avoid speaking of her to be polite.

Not since then have I been that angry in front of people and even then I'm only like that when it's totally justified in my eyes anyway.

I'm really pleased that I'm doing so well on BEDA so far. I'm so proud of myself. I'll probably run out of ideas next week and start rambling about nonsense.

Fare thee well,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment